Moore College Sunday is happening in...
In God’s great kindness, he put it in the heart of Thomas Moore, a pastoralist on the outskirts of Sydney, to set aside money on his death towards the founding of a College ‘for the education of … youths of the Protestant persuasion in the principles of Christian knowledge’. Since its opening some one hundred and sixty years ago, God has provided for Moore College at every point in its life. He has given it a succession of godly, learned and skilled teachers, from the single tutor with which it began to the twenty full-time faculty of today. He has brought thousands of students to the College — generations of men and women have studied for a life-time of discipleship and disciple-making at Moore College. He has provided generous friends, wise administrators and a diligent, dedicated staff. All that we at the College have enjoyed over the past century and a half has been the kind gift of our loving heavenly Father.
Join our prayer bulletin to receive monthly prayer points in your inbox.
You have Successfully Subscribed!
Prayer for churches
A list of useful resources for Moore College Sunday
Below is a list of prayer points to use in your church services on MCS, download here (PDF).
Moore College Sunday 2017 Prayer Points
- Thank God for his wonderful generosity in the gift of his Son, for the good news of his saving work and the privilege of proclaiming that message to the world.
- Give thanks for the long-standing partnership between Moore College and the churches of the Diocese (and beyond) in that gospel mission.
- In particular, give thanks for the many churches across Sydney and beyond that provide prayer support to the College.
- Thank God for his provision of the College’s needs over the past 161 years in terms of faculty, finances and infrastructure. Thank God especially for the new building which opened February 2017.
- Thank God for faithful leadership of the College by the Principal and the Governing Board.
- Thank God especially the gifted and godly faculty of the College and especially for the new faculty that have joined in recent years.
- Thank God that He has raised up labourers for his harvest and enabled many of them to study at Moore and be equipped to serve Him.
- Give thanks for the wide open door for ministry in a wide variety of areas for graduates of the College.
- Thank God for the dedicated support staff who work tirelessly for the benefit of students and those they will serve.
- Pray that the entire College community will grow in the knowledge and love of God, and our concern for the lost in the world, through the study of His word and fellowship with one another.
- Pray that the teaching programs of the College might continue to effectively prepare people for ministry in the challenging environment of the twenty-first century.
- Pray for our students that they and their families might be built up as effective ambassadors for Christ in the churches and in the world.
- Pray for energy and refreshment for a faculty that are often stretched with many different commitments. Pray for their preparation and their godly pastoral care of students as well as opportunities to pursue research for the benefit of the College and the churches.
- Pray that our graduates might faithfully, effectively and lovingly serve people of God by teaching the word of God to the glory of God.
- Pray that God will continue to raise up a large number godly, gifted, humble, servant-hearted men and women to train at Moore College for full-time gospel ministry in Sydney and around the world. Pray that they might joyfully give themselves to getting the best preparation possible for this crucial work.
- Pray for an increase in our capacity to provide housing for students so that more might share all the benefits of learning in community.
- Pray that the Lord will continue to put it on the hearts of people to regularly pray for the College and, as they are able, financially support its work.
- Pray that God would provide what remains of our target for the new building fund.
- Classic Prayer Series Podcast from the Moore Sound Archives